Selvam's Blog

Friday, February 16, 2007


A video about career choice and national education was shown during my English lesson. The title of the video is "our global city, our home." The video was about Singaporeans choosing the right career path. The video had shown me that some Singaporeans are going aboard to study and work. My opinion is it is alright to study and work in overseas. However, Singaporeans should care for their country. If all Singaporeans go overseas, who will take care of Singapore? My opinion is by all means Singaporeans can go to overseas to study and work but they must come back to Singapore. It is their home and they belong here.

I have chose my ambition after seeing the video. My ambition was always to become a police officer. My ambition allows me serve my nation. My plan is to go overseas to study. However, I will come back to Singapore to serve my national service and join the Singapore Police Force. This will give me a sense of belonging.

There are many reasons for me to choose the police force. The first reason is I am very interested in criminal investigation. Therefore, I want to join the criminal investigation department. It may be a risky job but I still want to the police force. My second reason is the uniform of police force. It is a honour to wear the prestigious uniform. The design and colour of the uniform is very nice. The third reason is the benefits of joining the police force. The minimum qualification for joining the police force is at least a 'O' level certificate. However, if the education level is more higher, more benefits and a higher salary will be issued.

I have researched about the historical background of the Singapore Police Force. The police force was formed in 1819 with only 11 men in the force. The commandant of the force was Francis James Bernard. The salary for the men was only $300 monthly. The police force eventually upgraded itself and now, there is a well-trained police force in Singapore. http://www.spf.gov.sg/

2 Comments:

Blogger CBSS_Integrity2 said...

Good choice of career, Selvam! My dad is a retired police officer and had enjoyed his stint with the Force. As for going overseas for your further studies, please do so as it will enhance your future and character development. I did enjoy my 4 year stay in Australia thoroughly as it had taught me to be independent and be more opened as well as to respect other cultures.

Ms Chin

3:44 AM  
Blogger RUMI said...

Nice to meet you Selvam. I'm Rumi Umeno, a Japanese girl. I'm a taki high school student in Japan.

Your opinion is easy to understand.
I'm interested in criminal investigation. But I would like to be a a coroner.
You have good reasons to be police officer. I think that many people have no reason to do in the future.
By the way,do you know the police in Japan? and do you think about Singaporean police?
Please tell me your opinion and come to my blog site, so I would lke to exchange view of carrer.
I'm looking forward to seeing you!!

My blog site↓
http://220.110.195.50/blog/20031171/index.php?categ=top

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home